Having, as we trust, been brought by God’s grace to repent and believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and to give ourselves up to Him, and having been baptized upon our profession of faith, in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, so we do now solemnly and joyfully covenant with each other, that God enabling us:
- We will work and pray for the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
- We will walk together in brotherly love. We will exercise an affectionate care and watchfulness over each other and faithfully warn, rebuke, and admonish one another as occasion may require.
- We will not forsake the assembling of ourselves together, nor neglect to pray for ourselves and others.
- We will endeavor to bring up such as may at any time be under our care, in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.
- We will rejoice at each other’s happiness and endeavor with tenderness and sympathy to bear each other’s burdens and sorrows.
- We will seek, by God’s aid, to live carefully in the world, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts.
- We will work together for the support of a faithful evangelical ministry in this church, as we sustain its worship, ordinances, discipline, and doctrines. We will contribute cheerfully and regularly to the support of the ministry, the expenses of the church, the relief of the poor, and the spread of the Gospel to all peoples.
- We will address any conflicts among ourselves in truth, kindness, and forgiveness, resolving not to sue this church or any of its members as we are members of the same body and under a common authority.
- We will endeavor by example and effort to seek the salvation of others.
- We will, when we move from this place, as soon as possible unite with some other church where we can carry out the spirit of this covenant and the principles of God’s Word.
- We will seek to live to the glory of Him who has called us out of darkness and into His marvelous light.
May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with us all. Amen.